- "Great Arkvoodle! Nexosporidium warriors! But they’re extinct!"
The Nexos, formally known as the Nexosporidium, are a sentient, Furon-like, cyborg species that were once thought to be extinct.
During the events of Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon, Nexos first appeared in Las Paradiso, where they attempted to kill Crypto and Orthopox. He identified them as “Nexosporidium Warriors,” who were supposedly extinct. In an act of desperation, Pox ordered Crypto to destroy all of Las Paradiso to erase any evidence of their being there, before fleeing the ruined city.
In Sunnywood, the duo assume Dr. C. Curt Calvin, leader of the Lunarian Church of Alientology, to be another DNA-harvesting Furon on Earth. They stage an alien landing to draw Calvin out. Crypto confronts the cult leader in Sunnywood Stadium and demands he show his true Furon form. However a Nexosporidium Walker appears and crushes Calvin, revealing he is actually Human.
The Nexos later found Crypto in Shen Long, where he had met The Master. However Saxon, his apprentice, became power hungry and formed a triad alinged with the Nexos to oppose him. Saxon kills the Master but is subdued by Crypto, who interrogates him at gunpoint amidst the sudden appearance of Nexos, and Saxon dies in the confusion. Pox deduces that the Nexos have been cloned on Earth, and only one organization could accomplish such.
Crypto discovered that the Nexos were bought back to life by Henri Crosteau and Francodyne Industries and set out to destroy the Nexo manufacturing operation in Belleville. Pox and Crypto learn Crousteau intends to create a virus to destroy the Furon DNA within the human genome. However, Crousteau still manages to create the virus and sends four Nexo walkers to distribute it into the river but is stopped by Crypto. Crousteau revealed only wanted to destroy humanity to stop the Earth from being polluted, and that he wasn't responsible for the attack on the casino and said that Nexos that attacked were rogues responding to a signal from the Furon homeworld. Crypto realizes that Emperor Meningitis is responsible. He and Pox set off for the Fourth Ring of Furon.
Crypto and Pox discovered that The Master was alive. He revealed that he was the conspirator who had set everything in motion and controlled the Nexos. Upon learning this, Crypto became infuriated and motioned towards Pox, who used his newfound strength to slam The Master against a wall, killing him.
Nexo Warriors were fearsome soldiers used by the mysterious “conspirators” of the Furon Homeworld. Though long thought to be extinct, Emperor Meningitis secretly had them re-cloned to serve as his personal bodyguards and shock-troops.
There were three variants of Nexosporidium Warrior, all of whom were armed with a powerful phase cannon on their right arm, wielded an energy flail in close combat and could fire rockets at their enemies. They were further equipped with jetpacks, allowing them to fly over obstacles;
- Blue Warriors: A lesser variant of Nexo Warrior that acted as tough, dependable troops for the mysterious Furon conspirators who commanded them. Despite being the weakest of the Nexos, they were actually the rarest, only being encountered on the Fourth Ring of Furon in small numbers.
- Green Warriors: The standard Nexosporidium Warrior that was most frequently encountered by Crypto. Despite being of middling-rank amongst their kind, they were still deadlier than any Human enemy in combat.
- Red Warriors: These towering Nexo Warriors were by far the deadliest. They were encountered by Crypto on the Fourth Ring of Furon, where they acted as elite protectors.
Excluding the Blue variant, all Nexosporidium Warriors were also immune to Crypto’s Black Hole Gun.
These titanic, biomechanical vehicles were capable of great and widespread destruction, particularly towards buildings.
Nexo Walkers were equipped with powerful lasers, missiles, and diamond-hard armour plating. They could, however, be destroyed by targeting the DNA collection receptacles between their hind legs.
Piloted by Nexos, these high-tech Saucers were armed with twin energy cannons that resembled Crypto's own Plasma Cannons to some degree. They served as the Nexo's air force and only attacked while Crypto was piloting his own Saucer.
- “Sporidium” may have been a run-on word in Crypto's full name, “Cryptosporidium.” At one point, Crypto even made the statement: "Nexosporidium vs. Cryptosporidium.”
- While stated as being an “extinct” and seemingly individual race, Nexos closely resemble Furons, albeit with much larger bodies that have been extensively replaced with cybernetics. These similarities may be the result of Nexos originating from a planet that neighbours the Furon Homeworld. It’s also possible that they are a sub-race of the Furons themselves.