Gastro came to Earth with Orthopox and Crypto 137. In 1969, he was killed when the KGB destroyed the Mothership and downloaded his consciousness into a HoloPox Unit, much like Orthopox did, but with weapons. In Takoshima, Gastro was found as a weapon. Despite being an important background character in Destroy All Humans! 2, Gastro did not appear in Big Willy Unleashed or Path of the Furon and may have been due to his overall conception as a weapon.
Relatively little was known about Gastro, aside from the fact he was very cocky and possessed a large music collection that had "soul"; e.g. he had music by Blind Willy Syphilis.
As a Weapon
Gastro's armed Holopox Unit was deployed with the Gastro Gun. Gastro automatically fired on any enemy within the vicinity with his rapid fire blasters, or, after he was upgraded, his explosive charge. After an unspecified amount of time, Gastro deactivated by retreating into his Holopox Unit and then detonated
himself, which was similar to the Ion Detonator's explosion. After he was upgraded, Gastro followed Crypto around.
Go Go Gastro!: Gastro can Hover Around
Cost: 9 Furotech cells
Cost: 14 Furotech cells
Gastro's Crustacean Smasher:
Cost: 28 Furotech cells
Cost: 6 Furotech cells
Cost: 13 Furotech cells
Gastro Alloy Armor:
Cost: 4 Furotech cells
Gastro Nanotech Armor:
Cost: 5 Furotech cells
Gastro Plasma Shielding: Gastro has Maximum Holopod Armor
Cost: 7 Furotech cells
- Gastro was voiced by Phil Morris.
- Despite only being a janitor and cook, Gastro was cloned more than Crypto before he became a weapon.
- It was unknown what happened to Gastro after the extinction of the Blisk. It could be assumed that he was put into stasis by Pox and was forgotten.
- Gastro was one of the only weapons, other than the Zap-O-Matic, that was effective at doing sufficient damage to Blisk.
- Gastro makes a cameo in in the remake, appearing in the archives and providing his own commentary.