Destroy All Humans! was the first video game in the Destroy All Humans! series. It was developed by Pandemic Games, published by THQ, and was released on June 21, 2005 in North America for Xbox and PlayStation 2.
In 1947, Cryptosporidium 136 explores Earth to collect Furon DNA found in the brain stems of Humans that his species needs to survive. He is hit by a military test rocket in Area 42, crashing to Earth in his Saucer. 136 survives, but is killed later when dissected at a government base nearby. 12 years later, Cryptosporidium-137 is sent down to find his previous clone, collect the Furon DNA and bring down Majestic, who attempts to take over America.
Not realizing there are other human civilizations on Earth, Crypto terrorizes the U.S, working his way deep into Capitol City. After assassinating General Armquist, President Huffman, and Majestic Leader, Silhouette, Crypto poses as the President and assures the nation it is Communists that invaded America, not aliens. Crypto 137 is later assassinated while in the body of President John F. Kennedy in November 22, 1963.
It is apparent that the game is set in June of 1959, as the Rockwell fair has banners proclaiming "SUNDAY JUNE 10TH" (despite the fact that the 10th of June was a Wednesday). However, it is interesting to note that the 2020 remake indicates that it is rather February, 1959. This is suggested from an in-game newspaper headline that proclaims 'TOP "ROCK" STARS DIE IN CRASH' - obviously a reference to 'the day music died' on the 3rd of February, 1959.
The sequel, confirmed to be set in 1969, was said to be "ten years later".
- Cryptosporidium 136 - Original Crypto Clone
- Cryptosporidium 137- Main Character
- Orthopox - Crypto's boss
- Holopox - The hologram of Orthopox
- Bert Whither - A radio broadcaster who sends out Furon Propaganda
- Bessie the Cow - The first living organism that Cryptospridium 137 kills. Owned by Harold Turnipseed
- Dolly the Sheep - A sheep owned by Harold Turnipseed
- Martha Turnipseed - Harold Turnipseed's wife
- Miss Rockwell - A Beauty Pageant Winner, who is described as voluptuous and very beautiful, but is the dumbest character in the game. She is abducted and probed by Crypto at the Rockwell County Fair.
- Navy Admiral - The Leader of the Navy
- Marines General - The Leader of the Marines
- Airforce General - The Leader of the Air Force
- Professor Hergensheimer - A popular scientist
- Mayor of Rockwell - The Mayor of Rockwell
- Humans - the most developed biological species on Earth. NOT the Cows.
- Robo-Prez - A giant robot and Majestic Super Weapon
- Harold Turnipseed - The owner of Turnipseed Farms and first Human that Cryptospridium 137 kills
- Armquist - The Leader of the Army
- Silhouette - The Leader of Majestic
- Huffman - The U.S. President
- Sleepy Ernst - A scientist who wants to take over the world
- Mayor of Santa Modesta - The Mayor of Santa Modesta